Award Winning Sculptor and Contemporary Painter Tracey Lee Green desired a logo and boutique product display website that reflected her unique combination of fine art talents. Through a series of brainstorming sketch sessions, together Tracey and I identified that, like a blacksmiths’ workshop, the anvil should be a focal point of the logo. Complimenting that powerful tool are a series graphic art equivalents of the hand-forged ironwork that she is able to create in her workshop.
With the logo complete, we turned our focus to creating a minimalist style for the website which would keep visitors eyes focused on her exceptional artwork. The site did feature several elements which were significant accomplishments to implement with WordPress at the time the project was launched and a testament to the platform that very little code updates have been required for it as the new versions release.
- Product image gallery rotating on the home page with configurable set of the items.
- Dynamic (AJAX) thumbnail views of most recent items filtered by category.
- Dynamic category and page views (AJAX) with pagination which built upon the feel of browsing through an artists’ gallery which Tracey indicated was a central concept she was interested in.
- Event guide with guest registration forms that integrated with the clients’ existing system for engaging customers
- A series of marketing materials (rack cards and flyers) which were printed semi-annually with